Scales

I have a big pair of scales. There is a large pointer on it that should tell me exactly how much overweight I have each day. Since I want to be sure it's also electric. Which means the scales can tell me my weight in grams exactly!

My scales has his own life. In the middle of the night it starts weighting something. But if I step on it I have to wait a long time till something shows up.
To be sure, I step on it 4-6 times each morning. It seems to be necessary since I always weight less the more often I step on it. After that I save my weight of the day so I can check how much gram I ... now with the day before.

As I ordered something on the internet I received an other scales for free.
This one is even greater... well they say it is. No big pointer or large numbers on it (which I can't see if I stand on it without having my glasses on, so I have to kneel down each time to read what it says) but a small display on a wire.
I can keep it in my hand when I step on the scales. This scales is really great. It won't only tell how much overweight I have but also which part of it is water, fat or...
That really sounds great. Now I surely won't feel that fat anymore if I can tell myself it's just water and I can pee it out.
After I left it in the box for 4 days (I hate unwrapping things) I decide to use it.
I step on it but nothing happens.
I step on it for days but my new scales stay silent.
I think it's broke! I knew it.. free gifts are always so low budget. They are made to be broke and been thrown away within a few days.
So back to my old scales.. the one with his own life.. who wakes me up in the middle of the night weighting something.. or someone.. keeps me out of my sleep.. the one I visit every morning as soon as I stumble out of my bed.

A few days later a friend passes by and discovers the new scales. I tell her what a great things it would tell me íf it wouldn't be broke.
She steps on it and it works. She tries again and it works again. I step on it and it keeps silence.
In the next days I ask every visitor to step on my new scales.. it works great..except with me.
As soon as I step on it nothing happens.
Do all of my scales have their own life? There must be an explanation why it's not working with me and it is with all the others.
I find that explanation.. my feet are always cold and dry.. the others have warm or even sweaty feet.. the scales likes that more. I think it needs that to find out how much water there is in the body. It can't with me... so it doesn't function.

I am really very disappointed. What a bad invention. I decide to give the scales what it wants.
It can keep silence forever... in the garbage can!

Popular posts from this blog

De dood voelt zich rijk

Wat is een #vissenhuid?

#gedicht #Reintje-de-Vos - deel 1