No excuses, start saving (again)!

If it comes to my present income I do belong to the lower class. I choose to work less as the 60-80 hours a week I did. After 20 years of a big lack of sleep (only 2-3 hours a night or none at all) it was a good decision to change those hours for just 24 hours a week.

Before I did so I calculated what I did need for a minimum to keep me and my kids alive. For sure is that working a lot does not only generate extra income but also a mountain of extra bills.

I have a place to live, I do not live in a dump. I take good care of my stuff so it does last long. We have our daily meals ans some extras. There is room for presents and we can go out for dinner or... about once a month. We even have pets.

I have all the necessary insurances (health, funeral, liability insurance, car, etc).

What I do NOT have is:
- unpayed bills
- debts
- loans
Money, savings, does make feel people saver and it has been proved they are more happy.

Money does not stink at all! It rules the world, your life, so use it and... start saving.

Yes it is way more difficult to save if your income is just basic or even less, but it is possible! After I moved to a smaller place (less costs), I also started to reduce other bills. I pay cash and a few times a year I check out where to get what (insurances for example) cheaper. I also mainly by at the supermarket once or twice a month and go for sales, promotion offers, etc and only if I need it!
I am nearly 1 year later now and set different goals to save for and my savings do increase. I will not stress out if it's Christmas or I need to pay tax or an unexpected bill shows up. If I can do it, you can do it too. How you can read here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De dood voelt zich rijk

Wat is een #vissenhuid?

#gedicht #Reintje-de-Vos - deel 1